In this infographic, which was originally created by WP Shrug, you will find 10 simple maintenance tips to keep your WordPress website running as smoothly as you can for better user experience and, of course, lead generation if that’s what your website provides you for your business.
10 WordPress Maintenance Tips For a Smooth Running Website
Here’s a quick summary of the 10 tips. You can see a more detailed explanation of each in the infographic below.
- Schedule backups (we like BackupBuddy for this)
- Update WordPress core, themes and plugins
- Uninstall outdated themes and plugins
- Perform a security scan (see our recommended WordPress tools for security plugin ideas)
- Optimise your database
- Check for broken links
- Comment moderation
- Check your traffic analytics (using Google Analytics, for example)
- Review functionality
- On-page SEO (see this excellent ultimate SEO guide by Brian Dean for ideas)